Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service
From 01 December 2019 EMAS will be providing non-emergency patient transport service to residents in Northamptonshire who need help getting to and from hospital.
Patient transport services are for individuals who have a medical condition that prevents them from getting to their appointment. EMAS determine eligibility for access to this service via a standardised approach during the booking process.
Non-emergency patient transport is for patients who:
- Require assistance from skilled ambulance staff e.g. require access to oxygen whilst travelling
- Have a medical condition that would prevent them from travelling to hospital by any other means
- Have a medical condition that might put them at risk from harm if they were to travel independently
- Have treatment with side effects that require support from skilled ambulance staff
- For patients who are registered with a Northamptonshire GP