From 01 December 2019 EMAS will be providing non-emergency patient transport service to residents in Northamptonshire who need help getting to and from hospital.
Patient transport services are for individuals who have a medical condition that prevents them from getting to their appointment. EMAS determine eligibility for access to this service via a standardised approach during the booking process.
Non-emergency patient transport is for patients who:
- Require assistance from skilled ambulance staff e.g. require access to oxygen whilst travelling
- Have a medical condition that would prevent them from travelling to hospital by any other means
- Have a medical condition that might put them at risk from harm if they were to travel independently
- Have treatment with side effects that require support from skilled ambulance staff
- For patients who are registered with a Northamptonshire GP
What is changing?
Your transport provider to and from healthcare appointments will change from TASL to EMAS on 1 December 2019.
What do you have to do?
You can book transport up to 24 hours in advance of your appointment date by calling our booking line on 0300 300 3434. The EMAS booking line is open between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week. If you are hard of hearing, deaf or speech impaired, you can contact the service by dialling 18001, followed by the full phone number. Users must have access to the Next Generation Text Service.
Help EMAS to help you
- Cancel transport if no longer required by calling 0300 300 3434
- Advise the booking team of any special requirements
- Be ready to leave when the transport team arrives
- Have you medication and documentation with you
- Take your keys and some money
- Expect to share transport with others
- Respect the no-smoking policy in all vehicles
- Respect EMAS' drivers - there is a zero-tolerance policy towards abuse
- Follow the Patient Transport Charter
View the Northamptonshire Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service poster here: PTS Northants poster final (PDF, 1.25MB)